A collaborative study conducted by researchers at the Department of Molecular Reproduction, Development and Genetics, Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and the National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS), Bangalore, has analyzed DNA samples of Indian families to study brain diseases. Headed by Dr. Arun Kumar from IISc and Dr. P. S. Bindu from NIMHANS, it is the first report on the genetic analysis of 22 Indian families with neurodegenerative diseases caused by alterations in a specific gene called PLA26G.
IISc in the News
- A novel vaccine against Hepatitis C Virus customized for the Indian population: Livemint
- Genomes of Asian and African elephants compared: The Hindu | Deccan Herald | Indian Express
- Etching semiconductors at the nano-scale: Economic Times | Times Of India | Nav Bharati Times
- Solar energy transport to the kitchen for cooking purposes: Deccan Herald | Times Of India
- A 3D lab model to mimic how cancer cells grow within the body: Economic Times
- Creating Drinking water with Solar Power: The Hindu | Deccan Herald | Desalination | Infeed | UCC India | InShorts | Hunt News
IISc Alumni Global Conference Coverage
- The Hindu 1 | The Hindu 2 | The Hindu 3 | The Hindu 4
- Deccan Herald 1 | Deccan Herald 2 | Deccan Herald 3 | Deccan Herald 4 | Deccan Herald 5
- The New Indian Express 1 | The New Indian Express 2 | The New Indian Express 3
- Times of India 1 | Times of India 2 | Times of India 3 | Times of India 4 | Times of India 5 | Times of India 6 | Times of India 7 | The Times of India 8
- Bangalore Mirror
We recognise that journalists and media houses often face challenges in gathering the correct information on time and as it happens. We are here to facilitate this being the bridge between the researchers and the media. Connect with us for:
We are here to facilitate easy flow of information between you and the public, in two ways. One is by using the media as a channel, and the other is by using the Internet.
Using the media as a channel for Press releases, Embargoed releases, Event coverage and Brochures, newsletters and other publicity material.
Using the Internet: We can help in preparing Website and manage social media for you.